We are excited to announce that the Waitara Tennis Centre is back and available for bookings.
After a long time out of action, the work is finally complete. That is not to say that it wasn’t completed as soon as possible, there was a LOT of work to do. In fact, Hornsby Shire Council managed to get the building to us earlier than their last estimate. They tirelessly worked with the builder (Court Craft) while consulting with us to get the job done to a standard that surpasses anything else in the area.
Bookings can be made online or by phone, however, for the first couple weeks, the hours will be limited to the afternoon. Please call us or check online for availability.
So what makes the new Waitara Tennis Centre so fantastic?
- 2 Plexicusion courts, like at the Australian Open.
- 4 Synthetic grass courts, built to play similar to clay courts.
- A 3m hitting wall running all along the courts. This will be fantastic for solo training.
- Amphitheatre seating along the entire venue
- Wheelchair access to all courts.
What is still to come?
- The existing building will be demolished soon, and a brand new pro shop and cafe will be built in place
- 2 more parks next to the tennis centre for kids to play.
- The two hard courts still need a few more coats of the Plexicushion surface (completed in October)
- Across the oval will be the new PCYC building which is state of the art.
We thank everyone for their patience while this massive task was completed. It’s been hard with only 7 courts, but I think everyone will agree that it will be worth it in the end.
We hope to see you there,
The KWTA team.